Let’s talk about vape!
What is E-juice or Vape Juice?
Vapes and eCigarettes have been rising in popularity over the years. Not too long ago, hardly anyone had heard of them. Now, the vape industry is booming! Some people like vapes because they help them quit or reduce their smoking habit more easily. Vapes let smokers avoid the dangerous chemicals that are present in regular cigarettes, while still getting a hit of nicotine. In addition, they eliminate the dangers of secondhand smoke, so they are much safer to use around other people. Vapes are widely considered to be much healthier and less risky than the other options out there.
Vaping is also popular among cannabis users, for a variety of reasons. Some opt to vape for health reasons, just like many cigarette smokers do. Others think that vaping is more enjoyable than smoking pot, since you don’t get any smoke in your lungs. It is also a lot more discreet if you’re in public. In addition, people cite that the flavor is far cleaner and better. Though vaping does have a reputation for not getting you as high, that’s not quite the truth. The effects might be delayed and you might need to take more puffs than you would normally would with other methods, but vaping can actually pack quite a punch!
What is E-juice, Vape Juice?
E-juice or vape juice is the fluid used in vaporizers and personal electronic cigarettes that creates the actual vapor. It contains the actual nicotine but can be made without nicotine depending on personal preference.
The vaporizer heats up the e-juice to between 200 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit which turns it into vapor that you then inhale.
E-juice or vape juice is a mixture of water, food grade flavoring, a choice of nicotine levels or zero nicotine, and propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG).
Food grade flavoring is the same type of flavoring that is used in foods. It is safe to consume and often, quite delicious.
Propylene Glycol is a substance that is used in many flavorings to help distribute the taste and any food grade flavoring evenly throughout the liquid. PG is used in vanilla extracts, food coloring, and in various types of medicines.
Vegetable Glycerin is a vegetable based liquid that is thick and sweet.
VG and PG make up about 90% of the contents in e-liquid with nicotine and food grade flavoring making up the remaining 10%.
Pen Style vs. Cigarette Style: Which Is Right for Me?
Wondering what type of vape to purchase? It depends on whether you are just looking for a recreational vape pen, or if you’re looking for an easier way to quit smoking cigarettes.
Pen-style vapes are long, thin, stylized tubes that basically look like fancy pens—no surprise there! They come in a wide variety of colors, styles, and features. You can get tiny and discreet ones, brightly colored ones, larger but more powerful options… the sky is the limit!
Cigarette Style Vapes
Cigarette-style eCigs offer a smooth transition from traditional cigarettes. They look and feel similar to actual cigarettes. They’re small in size (usually smaller and more discreet than vape pens), easily portable, and easy to use. Many are designed to look like cigarettes and come in a pack to simulate the real cigarette experience. They are usually a good way to create a comfortable transition into the vaping world. However, there aren’t as many choices of flavors and strengths as you’ll get with a vape pen. The colors and styles of cigarette-style eCigs are more limited than the styles of vape pens. Many people start out with cigarette-style vapes and then transition to a vape pen at some point.